Scholarships for Forest Growers to attend
The Institute of Foresters of Australia and Australian Forest Growers (IFA/AFG) and the Forest Growers Committee are offering financial support to Australian farmers and family forest growers to attend the IFA/AFG’s 2021 National Conference in Launceston. The IFA/AFG, through the Growers Reserve Fund is offering a scholarship pool of up to $10,000 to be divided among all successful applicants.
What is on offer:
- A scholarship pool of $10,000 that will be divided amongst each successful applicant.
- In the first instance, the scholarship will be applied to each successful applicant’s conference registration (Conference registration valued at $795)
- If there is funding available and the successful applicant will travel over 150 kms to participate in the conference, the scholarship can be used to offset travel expenses i.e., flights, transfers, airport parking, with 50% payable on announcement and the balance payable once a final report and proof of conference related expenses has been received.
- The scholarship will be capped at up to $1,500 per successful applicant.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Attend the conference
- Participate in a Grower themed panel discussion
- Submit of a 250-word post conference report and a photo from the conference that may be to be published in The Forester
Eligibile applicants will be:
- A current IFA/AFG member (or prepared to become one)
- Passionate about growing trees and forests in supporting sustainable and healthy communities, farms and rural landscapes.
- An active and enthusiastic forest grower who owns or manages tree as part of farm or small family-owned operation in Australia.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
Applications close 12 noon, Friday 25 June 2021.
Click HERE to download the application form.